How do communication style differences affect your performance and your team’s?
Differences in styles and personalities can cause tension among co-workers and breakdowns in team performance. Through this workshop you will learn how to recognize, appreciate and adapt to style differences, and capitalize on the strengths of the various styles to maximize team performance.
After completing this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize two basic dimensions of human behavior where people differ
- Learn four basic communication styles
- Recognize the strengths and potential blind spots of each style
- Understand how others perceive you in terms of communication style
- Modify your behavior to work more effectively with each of the styles
- Recognize styles in others based on verbal and non-verbal behaviors
- Apply an understanding of style differences to improve relations with others